History of Eiffel Tower | + Mind Blowing Interesting facts
History of Eiffel Tower: The Eiffel Tower is a wrought iron lattice tower on the Champ de Mars in Paris, France. It is named after the engineer Gustave Eiffel, whose company designed and built the tower.
History of Eiffel Tower
History of Eiffel Tower: The Eiffel Tower was built by Maurice Cohen and Emile Maguire, both of which were engineers. After several interactions and many shapes for several periods, in 1889 he made the last appearance of the Eiffel Tower.
At this time, the world was excited about the World Revolution of the French Revolution. After this, the design of the Eiffel Tower was examined by many noblemen, and many people praised it, and many people criticized it. But later this tower became the identity of France, and now the Eiffel Tower knows the whole world.
While working at home in the house in May 1884, Kohli made a design of his ideas, in which he made four straight lines in a square form from the surface and added them from the top and gave him the status of a first tower.
Initially, the design of the Eiffel tower was criticized, many people refused to adopt it, but after more time to practice and improve them, these two engineers put their design in front of the experts. Together they made some necessary changes in the original design and created a dual model of the tower.
Its new design got the help of Eiffel: After that, they also acquired the patent for its design, and in 1884 it was placed in the exhibition, it was named after the company.
On March 30, 1885, Eiffel displayed his idea and design of the tower in front of the Societe des Ingenious Sevilles, while demonstrating he also expressed his views on the technical and real difficulties related to the tower.
In the end, they finished their conversation by saying that the tower would be a symbol of our country.
He told the people that this tower would not only be an art of modern engineers, but it will be a new miracle in the field of industry and science. And finally, after its formation, this tower became the identity of France.
Until 1886 and until President Jules Gravy’s re-election to the post of President, some changes had been made. The budget was also passed on May 1 for the extension of the Eiffel tower, in which several significant improvements and changes were made in the Eiffel Tower.
After the budget was passed, the Commission re-examined the design of the Eiffel and tried its best to remove the shortcomings found in the investigation. Finally, the commission had also given the order for its construction by liking Eiffel’s design.
After this, there was a debate over the place to set up the tower, on January 8, 1887, the contract related to it was signed, which had the signature of Eiffel and was written that Eiffel would be a part of the company in the tower and represent the company itself.
They were also given 1.5 million Francis for the construction of Eiffel.
During the exhibition and expansion of the tower, Eiffel had earned a lot of money, but after some time he had set up another company for the care, extension, and renovation of the tower.
More information about the Eiffel Tower
According to the 2015 survey, the Eiffel Tower is the most significant number of people in the world, about 6.91 million people visit the Eiffel tower every year.
This tower is 324 meters (1063 feet) long, whose height is the same as the 81-story building, the Eiffel tower is the tallest building in Paris.
Its lower part is square, with one part being of 125 meters (410 feet). Eiffel Tower broke the record of Washington Monument created by the world’s tallest man while building this, until about 41 years it was his record until the Chrysler Building’s work in 1930 to be made in New York City Is not complete.
In 1957, due to the work of aerial transmission on the upper part of the tower, this tower became 5.2 meters high from Chrysler Building after 1957. If left to the transmitter, then Eiffel Tower, France’s tallest heritage, after Milau Vedt.
This tower has three levels for tourists to tour, including first and second level restaurants. Its highest level is 276 meters high from the surface.
Also, its terrace is well decorated for the elegance of tourists. Tourists have to make a ticket to travel on the first and second lifts or stairs. There are about 300 stairs between levels before the lower level, and from the same scale to the second level. Stairs also remained on the upper surface.
Continue Reading: History of Eiffel Tower | + Mind Blowing Interesting facts
Interesting facts about Eiffel Tower Paris
The Eiffel tower is one of Paris’s main attractions, where every year about 10 million people visit it. It was completed almost 130 years ago – let us now know about some interesting points of this historic tower.
1. Eiffel tower lift travels 103,000 kilometers in about one year, which is 2.5 times more than the Earth’s circumference.
2. It is possible to climb up to the upper level of the Eiffel tower, but for this, you have to climb up to 1665 stairs. Many people prefer a lift, therefore.
3. In the cold season, the tower becomes about 6 inches.
4. Eiffel also designed the inner part of the Statue of Liberty.
5. Since its inauguration, nearly 250 million people have come to see it.
6. Today this tower welcomes about 7 million people every year, and it is also the world’s most attractively and charming tower.
7. It took two years, two months and five days to make it, 180 years less than Paris’s great attraction Notre Dame.
8. During the occupation of the tower, the cable of the elevator was cut, and hence the tower was closed to the general public at that time. After this, Nazi soldiers tried to put swastikas on the Eiffel tower, but they failed to do so later.
9. In 1944, Hitler ordered the military governor of Paris Dietrich on Choltonitz to demolish the tower, but the General refused to do so.
10. Once every seven years, the tower is painted, which requires about 60 tons of paint.
11. During the World Fair, the replica of Eiffel attracted everyone; this tower was also shown in the 1985 bonded film A View to a Kill.
12. Amelia Pilchard was shown climbing to the Eiffel tower in the Beatles song I Am the Walrus.
13. There are many replicas in the world, one of which is also in Los Vegas and a theme park of China.
14. Actually, it was made for 20 years, and after that, it was decided to break it, but it was later used as a wireless telegraph transmitter.
15. French car manufacturer Sittra used it as a vast advertising tablet between 1925 and 1934 – with the help of a light bulb, the company’s name was published on the tower – and at that time it was the highest in the Guinness Book of World Records. The giant advertisement was included in the category.
16. In 2008 a woman had married Eiffel Tower and changed her name to Erica La Tour Eiffel.
17. There are about 18,000 metallic parts in the tower, which were connected with the help of 2.5 million rebates.
18. After the completion of 125 years of the Eiffel Tower construction, a $ 10 coin-shaped tower was built on British Island.
19. Many pilots have flown the aircraft around the Eiffel Tower. Leon Collet failed to do so in 1926, and he died.
20. This tower swings about 6 to 7 centimeters in the air.
21. Gustave Eiffel had on the third floor of the small part to entertain friends, which is open for today the general public.
22. In 1905 a local newspaper organized a stair climbing competition on the Eiffel Tower. Which AM Forrestier had won, it took about 3 minutes to 12 seconds to go to the second floor.
23. Eiffel tower and Margaret Thatcher have the same aliases – La Dam de Ferr
24. In 1960 Charles de Gaulle proposed to break the tower and send it to the expo 67 of Montreal. But it was rejected.
25. Elevation of Eiffel Tower lift costs up to € 15.
26. Those who come to see it are 10% French, 8% respectively Spain and Italy, 7% UK, 7% USA, 5% Brazil and 5% of people in Germany.
27. In 1923, Pier Labrick damaged the stairs of the Eiffel Tower. While doing so, he had won the bet, but the local police arrested him.
28. The Eiffel Tower was built in honor of the completion of 100 years of the French Revolution.
29. 72 Engineers, scientists, and mathematicians were written in one side of the tower, who played an essential role in the construction of this tower.
30. Every night, around 25,000 light bulbs are used in this tower filled with light.
Give your reaction on our post about History of Eiffel Tower at Comment Section
You Read Detailed Information on Wikipedia about Eiffel Tower